Wednesday, March 6, 2019

GARGOYLES


I said my next post in this place will be an art posts soo here it is, and artwork kinda made by my.

Here is the explanation: I love Gargoyles, it was my favorite cartoon when i was a kid and now day it still fascinates me to the point i am still collection rare and old merchadise items of it. The series had some amazing and spectacular artwork that was show only on small covers, pamphletes, blisters, etc....and 25 years later is still imposible to find this art in HD and find out who was the amazing artists behind them as well.

Also, as some of you know, i lost my PC due to a strong earthquake (thats why i didnt upload anything in such a long time) and when i get this brand new PC i was...and i am still pretty rusty, soo in order to practice the use of the tablet all over again i decided to have a little fun.

The Skybox tradding cards set of Gargoyles have this artwork on the back soo i pretty much copied it - reproduced it on an empty canvas to have this image in HD.

It was....quiet a challengue to make everything fit as in the original illustration and i had to use a lot of my imagination to fill the many empty spaces of the image (it have the logos of Skybox and Disney all over it as well as white text) and the card is soo small some details were very blurry and hard to discern.

It took me a lot of time but i loved working on this. It was only for me since i cant take credit of the composition and beautifull look of this but, it was the first art i made with my new PC and maybe someone could find this helpfull?

No comments: